Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Slow Progress

Unfortunately, genealogy and blogging have taken a back seat to other activities as summer has turned to fall.  One of my biggest frustrations is having only snippets of time for research because there are never enough hours in a day.  I'm quite sure you know exactly how I feel!  I have made very little progress in learning more about William and Nancy King of Harrison County, Indiana, who may possibly be Elizan King Redden's parents.  It's amazing how many couples named William and Nancy King lived in the region in the early 1800s. Member contributed family trees found on Ancestry.com often only added to the confusion, as the same couple would appear in more than one family tree with different sets of children!  It actually seems that the answer may not be found on-line, at least not at this time.  I think for now, I'm setting William and Nancy aside.

My research goals for the next few weeks are first to continue exploring the life of Richard and Elizan's daughter, Amanda.  I also want to create some timelines to explore the lives of our Redden ancestors and put their lives in historical context. 

So, I haven't given up on Redden research, but I have slowed down a bit.  I'll be back on track soon.  In the meantime, feel free to share any of your own comments, questions, discoveries, or Redden family news in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment